The fully automated i-STAT® System offers a broad menu of tests for diagnostic and treatment indicators related to disease state management and clinical practice guidelines. Using just two or three drops of blood, the system provides time-sensitive tests at the patient’s bedside in just minutes.
Benefits of the i-Stat System
- Supports a patient-centric approach to health care that accelerates patient care decision-making by reducing the time to get needed information to clinicians
- Optimizes system efficiency by eliminating process steps and handoffs to help reduce the incidence of errors and promote patient safety
- Supports quality and compliance requirements that complement the vital services that laboratory professionals provide to patients and their caregivers
- Leverages the power of a single, integrated bedside testing solution through:
- ■ a comprehensive menu of tests
- ■ a single testing system, rather than multiple systems and protocols
- ■ standardized lab-quality bedside testing
- ■ simplified implementation,training, and support for regulatory requirements
- ■ a system that is lightweight, portable,and easy to use
Facts about the i-Stat System
- Currently used in one in three hospitals in the US, including over 500 EDs
- Over 50,000 placements in high-acuity settings worldwide.
- Over 50 million cartridges produced annually.